“NOTE: the following items are Required for proper service “
• You must sign in front of the notary public.
• You must present a valid ID.
• You must bring the entire document not just the signature page to be notarized.
These are adequate forms of ID to bring:
• Georgia driver’s license or non-driver’s identity card
• foreign passport stamped by the US Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
• US Passport
• driver’s license or non-driver’s identity card issued by a territory of the US, another state, Canada or Mexico.
• Permanent Resident Card or “green card”
• military card
If you do not have these forms of ID, other acceptable IDs must have these 4 elements:
• The card or document is issued by a government agency.
• It has a number assigned by that agency.
•It has a picture of the holder.
• it has the signature of the holder.
Social security cards, birth certificate
• Social security cards
• birth certificates
• check cashing cards
• credit cards
• immigration cards
are NOT suitable for identification.
If a signer does not have a Valid photo ID,
THEN he/she will need 2 PEOPLE present who will swear to his/her identity in order to be certified. The oaths of the affirming witnesses are satisfactory evidence for certification.